Wednesday 4 March 2009

St Helena's Daisies




Getting emails from people all over the world is one of the nicest things about blogging.

Some time ago I received an interesting one from Warren Sheather in Australia. Warren is involved in a very worthwhile project on the cultivation of native Australian plants, and research on their dissemination around the world.

Having seen my entry of April 3rd 2008 on Lady Holland and the Everlastings of St. Helena, Warren emailed me to see if I could help him find out if the species on St Helena were in fact Australian. Unfortunately I was unable to help. Happily though he contacted somebody more knowledgeable, and is now able to confirm that the daisies of St. Helena, which apparently were sent by Lady Holland during the captivity of Napoleon, are indeed Australian.

Daisies of St Helena


Warren is located at Armidale on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales. For those who might be interested, I am very pleased to give a link to his web site:Yallaroo




No comments: